I am a helper of writers, a polisher of words, a lover of story, a safe but incisive pair of hands.
I have been a book editor for seventeen years, working on:
- Literary fiction and hard-hitting non-fiction
- The Rosie Project
- Beautiful memoir
- Angel books smouldering with URST
- Crime & thrillers
- Romance (political, rural, teen)
- and everything in between.
I WORK THE WAY A WRITER WRITES—
FROM THE INSIDE OUT:
- Finding where the cliches gather & the plot holes have formed
- Fixing continuity problems
- Asking questions and offering solutions in a boots and all kind of way
- Sometimes I fall in love with your characters.
- Many of my books have gone on to become award-winners and bestsellers
She did a wonderful job.
Graeme simsion / the rosie project
her influence still inspires my writing.
paula weston / shadows, rephaim
I envy any writer lucky enough to work with her.
a.j. Betts / zac & mia
I live in regional Victoria, with a view over a winter wonderland, a room upstairs to write, edit and hold workshops in,
and an appreciation for the cold in Peter Temple's novels.
I am about to read:
Graeme Simsion and Anne Buist's Two Steps Forward
Cath Crowley, Fiona Wood, Simmone Howell's Take Three Girls
Lately, I have been reading:
Elizabeth Strout's Olive Ketteridge
Sulari Gentill's Rowland Sinclair mysteries
Agatha Christie's The Seven Dials Mystery
Tana French's Dublin Murder Squad
Angela Thirkell's High Rising
Jane Harper's Force of Nature
John Le Carre's Legacy of Spies
Paula Weston's The Undercurrent
Stephen Grosz's The Examined Life: How We Lose and Find Ourselves
Pamela Freeman's Princess Betony and the Hobgoblin
Laurie R. King's The Murder of Mary Russell & Dreaming Spies
Vikki Wakefield's Ballad for a Mad Girl
Virginia Baily's Early One Morning
Agatha Christie's The Man in the Brown Suit
Anna Funder's All That I Am
Val McDermid's Trick of the Dark
Scott Westerfeld's Leviathan & Goliath
Garry Disher's Bitter Wash Road
Jane Harper's The Dry
Cory Taylor's Dying: a memoir
Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff's Illuminae & Gemina
I'm currently working on:
A young adult novel